Atlanta Polybutylene Pipes Replacement Services
Need an Atlanta Polybutylene Pipes Replacement expert? Call us at (678) 386-7513 today for your free estimate. We also offer a 20 year warranty on all piping services. Use these online sales and coupons to save on your services.
Polybutylene is a type of plastic resin or saturated polymer that was commonly used in piping systems in homes to distribute cold or hot water from one source to another. It is usually gray, blue or black in color and 1/2 inch to 1 inch in diameter.
At one time, polybutylene was the material of choice and was even being touted "the pipe of the future." It was deemed more advantageous to use polybutylene over other types of material for piping systems for the following reasons:
- It was inexpensive and easy to install.
- It was fairly simple to form into different shapes and get blown into hollow parts.
- It was known to have high resistance to pressure and cracking.
Our speciality at Greenlee Plumbing, Inc. is repiping polybutylene pipes with more efficient pipes. These service can be done with interior, exterior, and commercial properties. We offer a 20 year warranty on all piping services which includes parts and labor. Reach out to us if you live in a multi-family home or own an apartment. Our services cater every home.Greenlee Plumbing, Inc. is equipped to handle all of your Atlanta polybutylene pipes replacement services.
Take a look how others have benefited from the switch in our customer reviews.
Why else were polybutylene pipes used?
Other reasons this material was commonly used over others in the making of pipes is its resistance to both hot and cold temperatures and that it did not corrode or calcify.
Unfortunately, it has been found over time that pipes made with polybutylene have problems with leaking, which can be disastrous for homeowners. While studies have not been conclusive, some experts believe that chlorine and other additives in the water can cause tiny fractures in the pipes resulting in a weakened piping system that might fail without warning.
Why should you consider replacement?
People who have polybutylene pipes in their home may want to consider replacing the pipes.
Here are four signs that it might be time to replace them:
- If the home was built between the years 1978 and 1995. It was between these years that polybutylene pipes were used in millions of newly constructed homes. We think it is a good indication that if everyone else on the street is replacing their pipes, then yours probably need to be replaced, too.
- The water bill starts getting higher. Sometimes, when a home has faulty polybutylene pipes, there can be undetected water leaks, especially if the pipes are underground. If you notice your water bill getting higher than usual, it may be time to replace those pipes.
- If the home is getting ready to be sold. Polybutylene pipes have been known to largely decrease value of the home. Sometimes, homeowners are unaware their pipes are made out of polybutylene until the home inspection takes place. We can replace the pipes which will not only increase the value of the home but increase the chances for the home to sell, as well.
- Pay attention to the yard and basement walls. If you notice things are wet or more damp than usual, it is probably time to replace the polybutylene pipes.
It is best to be proactive in getting polybutylene pipes replaced. Doing so can prevent imminent disaster and loss of personal property and major water damage. In being proactive, you will be protecting one of your greatest investments - your home.
Let our specialists inspect your home and give it the treatment it deserves. At Greenlee Plumbing, Inc. we stand by our motto,“Big enough to do the job, small enough to care.”
Increase your home’s value and get polybutylene replacement today. We can help! Call us at (678) 386-7513.