Atlanta Basement Plumbing Services
Does your Atlanta basement’s plumbing need some attending to? Don’t wait any longer and call us today at (678) 386-7513 for your free estimate. Use these online sales and coupons to save on your services.
The basement is an extra living quarters that many Georgians take advantage of. Many homeowners opt to remodel their basement into rooms such as a playroom, office, home gym, family room, artist studio, or party space.
At one point or another, however, your basement will require plumbing maintenance like every other aspect of your home. It is important that all plumbing in your basement be up to code and that you’ve hired a technician that can perform their job accurately and efficiently.
Serving the greater Atlanta area for nearly a decade, count on Greenlee Plumbing, Inc. to help you create the space of your dreams, no matter what it may be. Rely on us to take care of your Atlanta basement plumbing services.
See how much everyone loves their basements after our visit in our customer reviews.
What steps do you need to take before installing a bathroom in your basement?
When you decide to add a bathroom to your basement, there are necessary steps to take before any work can commence.
In Georgia, you must first fill out a “Residential Basement Finish” permit pack before any construction can be performed. In order to receive your permit, you must present two complete sets of required information and a floor plan.
The floor plan must include:
- Dimensions to scale, showing the layout of the entire basement.
- Labels showing the use for all of the rooms.
- Marking existing from new and finished from unfinished.
- Show electrical outlets, smoke detectors, lighting, fans, plumbing modifications, cleanouts, furnace, and water heater.
- Indicate whether equipment is electric or gas.
- List window sizes and types, identify emergency escape and rescue windows.
- Identify modifications to the existing structure such as posts, beams and floor joists.
- Indicate where dropped ceiling areas are less than 7 feet.
- Show clearance around the tub and fixtures.
What plumbing codes should you adhere to?
Every state has a different set of rules and regulations with remodeling. Our technicians are up to date and trained to perform all necessary jobs that adhere to all of Georgia’s codes.
It is imperative you contact us during the planning stages so that you can avert having unnecessary jobs and costs due to codes not being met.
Some of Georgia’s bathroom basement construction codes include:
- Toilets must be provided with a minimum of 21” in front of the toilet and 15” from the center of the toilet and any sidewall or other obstruction.
- Showers shall have a minimum inside dimension of 900 square inches.
- A ventilation fan is required in toilet rooms and bathrooms with inoperable windows.
- The fan must be vented to the exterior of the building and not to terminate within 3’ of an opening.
Don’t lose your head over all the codes and regulations. We can handle all of that for no extra charge. Our technicians will insure a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of your basement bathroom’s needs and requirements.
No matter what your basement needs, from remodeling to installing, at Greenlee Plumbing, Inc., we handle it all! Call us at (678) 386-7513 today for upfront pricing and same day services.