Rainwater Drains & Downspout Pipe Replacement
In need of effective drainage for rain water? Call the trusted contractors at Greenlee Plumbing at (678) 386-7513. Click here to see what discounts are currently being offered on our services.
At Greenlee Plumbing we offer a wide range of services to all of our valued customers throughout Atlanta and the surrounding communities. Some of these services include installation of a French drains, corrugated pipe replacement, rain drain installation and light grading. It is our job to protect your home or commercial property from damaging floodwaters and with this useful system we can help to guarantee just that.
We understand how devastating an unfortunate plumbing problem can be and it is our goal to help you avoid them whenever possible. Don’t let a serious event jeopardize the integrity of your home or building, act now and get in touch with our licensed plumbing professionals today. To read reviews and testimonials from other satisfied customers in your area, click here.
What is a French drain?
A French drainage system uses a perforated pipe that typically runs through a gravel filled trench outside your home or commercial property. Its job is to redirect water away from your home or building so that your property and yard is protected.
Heavy rainfall and the slope of your land can cause water to pool outside your residence or even enter into your basement destroying everything in its path and creating a breeding ground for mold and bacteria. This innovative system will help to protect you, your property, and your loved ones from the multiple hazards that follow an uncontrollable flood.
What are the different types of systems?
- Shallow French drain: Sometimes referred to as a curtain drain this system is typically placed about two feet underground and is used to remove standing water from your yard.
- Grated rain drains: A drain is installed in the area where you have standing water. The pipe is buried
- Deep French drain: A deep French drain or footing drain is used to keep water out of your basement. However, it is best to have it installed before your home or commercial property is built, as it will require some major construction if you choose to do it afterwards.
- Interior French drain: Typically chosen over a footing drain this system combines the use of perforated pipes, a collection tank, and your sump pump to channel any water away from the inside of your home or building.
- Pre-engineered French drain: This is one of the most popular French drainage systems and does not require gravel or rock to be placed around your property in order to redirect any intrusive floodwaters.
What are some common problems with these systems?
The most common problem we see is collapsed corrugated pipe that channels water away from your downspouts Most options require some excavation during installation.
For specialized Rain drain services, call the experts at Greenlee Plumbing at (678) 386-7513.